Finance Assistant – Hedge End
Our client offers an inclusive team environment with study support and on job training. They are seeking a candidate with previous experience in an accounts department looking to expand upon their skills.
Working as part of a team and reporting to Finance Manager you will undertake a varied finance role. We are looking for a candidate who has a strong proficiency in maths and accurate processing skills and the ability to communicate and handle queries in an efficient manner by both phone and email.
Responsibilities will include;
Operating all aspects of purchase ledger:
- Processing BACs payment run.
- Coding and inputting purchase ledger invoices
- Producing supplier statements
Processing staff expenses:
- Conducting staff travel and mileage journals.
- Company credit card and expenses processing
- Credit card reconciliations
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts and statements
- Inputting company bank statements on SAGE daily.
- Maintaining intercompany reconciliations.
Processing weekly sales reports
- Reviewing nominal code ledgers and aged creditor analysis
- Performance analysis
- Analysing large volumes of data in Excel
Communication with stakeholders
- Respond to requests for financial information.
- Liaising with colleagues and customers by phone and email
- Speaking to HMRC as required
The successful candidate will have the following experience.
- Financial accounting knowledge including ledger processing
- Good analytical and numeracy skills
- Understanding of debit and credit journal entries
- A confident and proactive approach to work
- Be studying towards a relevant financial qualification
Hours are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday. Study package, pension, and annual bonuses are offered as part of the salary package. Free onsite parking available.
August Clarke is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact the office if you wish to discuss your application further on 02380 633 787.