An opportunity has arisen to join a centralised finance team on a part-time permanent basis as an Accounts Administrator working up to 20 hours per week. Based in the Southampton area of Hampshire you can also split your time with home working.
Our client is looking for someone who will become a long-term member of their team, who can confidently manage payroll and finance administration tasks.
Duties will be varied and include:
- Accurate entering of payroll data on to the company accounting software
- Submitting payroll returns to HMRC and handling any queries
- Supporting the Payroll accountant with ad hoc tasks
- Liaising with customers to resolve any invoice related queries
- Reconciliation of the bank account
- Posting of journals
- Accurate administration of financial tasks.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A minimum of 1 year of accounts experience
- An interest in working in payroll, previous experience in payroll is advantageous
- Good IT systems skills
- Eye for detail and accurate data processing skills
- Proven ability to organise your workload and meet deadlines
Working between 18-20 hours per week, the working pattern is flexible and can be a combination of both office and home working.
Our client has a friendly work environment that is employee-centric, they offer competitive benefits and support professional development.
August Clarke is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and is an equal opportunities employer.