Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant
25 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a well-established SME business, with a collaborative team environment. Our client is offering 25 hours a week and is flexible on the working pattern of these hours.
Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of a range of financial transactions, you will need recent experience of working as a Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant.
You will be working closely with the Head of Finance you should be comfortable working independently on the following tasks;
- Processing financial transactions using Sage 50 including invoice and bank reconciliations.
- Assisting the Head of Finance with accounts related tasks at month-end
- Processing of payroll, liaising with HMRC
- Handling accounts related queries from customers
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintaining accurate accounting records on Sage 50
You will need;
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience working in an accounting function
- Hands-on invoicing and payroll experience
- Ability to work independently and maintain an eye for detail
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
What’s on offer;
A collaborative and friendly work environment within a well-established business.
Working 25 Hours a week, the working pattern is flexible and when the team returns to their office in Chilworth you will be working a combination of office and home-based.
August Clarke is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and is an equal opportunities employer.